Lactation Counselling provides clear and accurate breastfeeding information for the mothers and “soon-to-be” new mothers.
We cover breastfeeding expectations, strategies for success and how to avoid complications thereby.
Topics include breastfeeding techniques, various nursing positions (holding the baby) and comfort holds of the baby, maternal diet considerations, nipple care, leaking, tips for partner feedings, and the advantages of human milk over supplementation.
Help women experiencing breastfeeding problems, such as latching difficulties, painful nursing, and low milk production. We also help babies who aren’t gaining enough weight. Attend a breastfeeding class to learn about the benefits of breastfeeding for yourself and your baby.
- What is importance of breastfeeding?
- How soon after the delivery should I start breastfeeding?
- How often should my baby breastfeed?
- When will my milk “come in”?
- I’ve heard that it is very painful when the milk comes in. What can I do to lessen the discomfort?
- What could I do prenatally to prepare for breastfeeding?
- Is there a way to be certain that my baby is getting enough breast milk from me?
- How long should I plan to breastfeed?
- I will be returning to work in a few weeks. What should I look for when selecting a breast-pump to use at work?